According to the publishers, the New Jacoby contains:
- the online edition of the original three parts of Felix Jacoby’s monumental FGrHist giving instant and fully searchable access to the equivalent of more than 8,000 pages of print.
- new authors not in the original FGrHist;
- new readings of many of Jacoby’s Greek texts;
- new commentaries in English by contemporary scholars;
- for the first time commentary on the texts that Jacoby did not complete before his death;
- en face English translations of the Greek fragments and testimonia;
- an encyclopedia-style biography of the ancient author;
- and a regularly updated bibliography.
Full information is available from the home page of the BNJ: http://www.brillsnewjacoby.com/online.html