Thursday, 13 December 2007
Tuesday, 11 December 2007
We will re-open on Wednesday 2nd January.
Thursday, 6 December 2007
Friday, 30 November 2007
Tuesday, 20 November 2007
For more information on the organisation Groma and its journal see www.groma.info.
Friday, 9 November 2007
Monday, 22 October 2007
Wednesday, 17 October 2007
According to the publishers, the New Jacoby contains:
- the online edition of the original three parts of Felix Jacoby’s monumental FGrHist giving instant and fully searchable access to the equivalent of more than 8,000 pages of print.
- new authors not in the original FGrHist;
- new readings of many of Jacoby’s Greek texts;
- new commentaries in English by contemporary scholars;
- for the first time commentary on the texts that Jacoby did not complete before his death;
- en face English translations of the Greek fragments and testimonia;
- an encyclopedia-style biography of the ancient author;
- and a regularly updated bibliography.
Full information is available from the home page of the BNJ: http://www.brillsnewjacoby.com/online.html
Tuesday, 16 October 2007
Thursday, 11 October 2007
Library staff will only be able to fetch books twice a day on weekdays. Please, therefore, ensure that you have placed your request for a "cupboard"/rare book by 9.45 in the morning or 1.45 in the afternoon. These are the items marked on the catalogue as Location: "ICLASS Cupboard".
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Wednesday, 3 October 2007
Tuesday, 2 October 2007
The Library staff would like to extend a warm welcome to all new members of the Library and wish them well as they begin their reasearch/courses. Please feel free to ask any member of staff if you need help using and finding your way around the Library!
Friday, 28 September 2007
We also welcome Dr Fiona Haarer as the new Roman Secretary.
Saturday, 22 September 2007
Friday, 21 September 2007
Thursday, 20 September 2007
Here we will have up-to-the-minute news and updates on the Library. Watch this space!
Blog created by Mark Sutcliffe on the 20th September 2007