Monday, 22 October 2007
Wednesday, 17 October 2007
According to the publishers, the New Jacoby contains:
- the online edition of the original three parts of Felix Jacoby’s monumental FGrHist giving instant and fully searchable access to the equivalent of more than 8,000 pages of print.
- new authors not in the original FGrHist;
- new readings of many of Jacoby’s Greek texts;
- new commentaries in English by contemporary scholars;
- for the first time commentary on the texts that Jacoby did not complete before his death;
- en face English translations of the Greek fragments and testimonia;
- an encyclopedia-style biography of the ancient author;
- and a regularly updated bibliography.
Full information is available from the home page of the BNJ: http://www.brillsnewjacoby.com/online.html
Tuesday, 16 October 2007
Thursday, 11 October 2007
Library staff will only be able to fetch books twice a day on weekdays. Please, therefore, ensure that you have placed your request for a "cupboard"/rare book by 9.45 in the morning or 1.45 in the afternoon. These are the items marked on the catalogue as Location: "ICLASS Cupboard".
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Wednesday, 3 October 2007
Tuesday, 2 October 2007
The Library staff would like to extend a warm welcome to all new members of the Library and wish them well as they begin their reasearch/courses. Please feel free to ask any member of staff if you need help using and finding your way around the Library!